Social Innovation Lab
Launched in the Fall of 2016 the Social Innovation Lab (“The Lab”) is an incubator for members of the New Haven community (Yale and Non-Yale) dedicated to leveraging their talents to create positive social impact. The Lab provides mentorship, funding, workshops, and access to corporate services to help movements, non-profits, and socially driven organizations build vibrant, connected communities.
Ideal candidates are curious, resilient, and empathetic individuals, with a proven ability to develop imaginative solutions to complex problems. Successful applicants will spend the semester stress testing their ideas, building their movement, establishing relationships, and developing the infrastructure for their idea to thrive.
If you have any questions please email Marquita Taylor at email@example.com.
The Lab’s Structure:
- Creates an open space where communities can exchange ideas and be inspired.
- Supports the creativity and ingenuity of individuals who have conceived an innovative idea.
- Provides a network of support, including potential partners and mentors, to develop the idea.
- Teaches practical skills to students to understand and implement their idea.
- Gives resources, including prize money, to individuals who demonstrate the passion to execute their idea.
- Project design & planning structure assistance
- Regular consultation from an advisor as well as
- Small grants
- Workshops in special skills
- Work Space
- Access to a network of mentors and experts
- Showcase to present their achievements and attract investors or supports, in case they want to launch or scale their project
Applications close Friday, February 2nd at 11:59PM EST
The Social Innovation Lab is made possible by the generous support of The Elizabethan Club of Yale University.