“I Matter” Project seeks Part-Time Project Manager
The “I Matter” Project, a grassroots, art-based youth-empowerment program, is seeking a high-energy, super-organized, efficient, reliable individual for a part-time position as Project Manager. Must be meticulously detail-oriented with an innate ability to take initiative and complete tasks and projects to completion. Must also possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Part-time position may evolve into full-time.
The right person for this job is a naturally organized self-starter with a strong sense of teamwork, balanced with independent problem-solving skills. The Project Manager works closely with “I Matter” Project Founder/Director Rob Goldman as well as community collaborators, educators, contractors and sponsors to facilitate the creation and installation of public art installations, workshops and lectures, and to ensure projects are completed within set budgets and timelines.
- Serve as lead organizer and project manager for all stages of the “I Matter” Project including working closely with Founder/Director Rob Goldman during development and implementation phases of projects.
- Help develop, draft, edit, design and refine promotional materials and communications.
- Serve as lead communications manager regarding all tasks and action items related to project direction, feedback, and act as liaison and organizer between all team member, and outside parties.
- Manage timelines and hold team members to deadlines and ensure that deliverables are met.
- Maintain up-to-date information regarding projects.
- Manage and track project expenditures, oversee estimates and billing.
- Assist in project documentation and archiving (photography, video and writing).
- Initiate and cultivate communication among collaborators throughout the project process.
- Confer with suppliers throughout the design, development, fabrication, and installation phases of projects and help resolve issues as they arise.
- Assist with developing, implementing and assessing policies and procedures for the program.
- Schedule and coordinate all meetings. Prepare information and materials for meetings.
- Assist in all aspects of installation and removal of projects.
Requirements, skills and qualifications:
- Committed to the mission of the “I Matter” Project, a passion for empowering youth
- 2+ years of experience as a Project Manager
- Great organizational and communication skills, ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (or Apple Numbers)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign a plus
- Photography experience a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact professionally
- Results-oriented; collaborative; likes a varied and frequently changing environment; flexible; calm under pressure; good sense of humor and fun
- Nonprofit experience helpful
- Work hours are Monday through Friday, but flexibility is required
- The role will require occasional lifting, carrying, setup, and cleanup of materials
- Must have driver’s license and have access to a reliable car
What is the “I Matter” Project? The “I Matter” Project is an art-based youth empowerment program that uses art and the creative process as tools to help transform and unify students, teachers, schools and communities. The interdisciplinary program gives adolescents and young adults a face and a voice in their community with publically displayed, large-scale photographic portraits accompanied by printed and recorded declarations of their self-worth.
The program synthesizes the visual impact of a public art installation with the intergenerational discourse of a live community forum, focused on youth and their wellbeing. The “I Matter” Project engages, empowers and inspires social awareness and individual and collective change in critical areas such as anxiety, depression, substance abuse, mental illness and adolescent suicidality.
The Project was created by artist, educator and creative director, Rob Goldman in 2013 and has been successfully implemented in a variety of public venues including colleges, libraries, civic associations, middle schools and high schools, including the Raymond Lesniak Recovery High School, the first recovery high school in New Jersey.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com