Information for Groups Conducting Online Programming with Minors
- Register your program on Yale’s Programs for Children and Youth Website. All groups must register or re-register regardless of registration status before the public health emergency.
- Notify Dwight Hall via this survey that you are considering or are currently conducting online programming.
My group registered at the beginning of the semester, do we really need to register again?
Yes, absolutely. All groups MUST register before conducting online programming.
My group has gotten background checks for our volunteers in the past, do we need to do that again?
No. All Zoom sessions must be attended by two adults, negating the need for background checks.
What do you mean by two adults?
Typically, this will mean two members of your group. In each session, one person must be designated as a host/monitor, and the other person will provide the engagement/activity.
Any tips for using Zoom?
- YPCY has a list of Rules for Using Zoom
- ITS recommends you regularly update or re-install Zoom to function optimally.
- ITS also recommends reviewing how to keep uninvited guests our of your meeting.
- Be on the lookout for emails from ITS regarding updates to Zoom.
It might be challenging to get all the parent permission forms, any strategies to make this possible?
Of course. Parents do not need a digital signature in order to complete the form. Instead, it may be emailed by a parent - in that case you must make sure that the email address you received the form from is that same as the Email Address of Parent/Legal Guardian on the form.