To all Dwight Hall volunteers,
On Tuesday, March 10th, President Salovey announced a university-wide response to the spread of COVID-19. Yale has released a Yale COVID-19 website, which provides up-to-date information and guidance, as well as important information and resources. Dean Chun and Yale College provide guidance for undergraduate students at Yale College COVID-19 Announcements and FAQs.
Effective immediately, we are asking all Yale students who engage in service to suspend their Dwight Hall activities indefinitely. In general, this includes any service where you serve on-site or interact directly with other people.
We want to remind you that:
- We appreciate and value your commitment to service and activism.
- We know you care deeply about the people you serve.
- Therefore, we strongly encourage you not to endanger those you serve should you unknowingly be an asymptomatic carrier of COVID-19 strain(s).
- While on-site and direct service is suspended, please consider coordinating remote service, including developing research projects or using tools like Zoom.
- Please reach out to us via this form - we are here to serve as a resource and help you think through your programming plans.
- Lastly, please be sure to communicate plans to community partners that you are working with to develop alternative support systems.
We are working to provide additional platforms for you to serve your communities and will communication more information as we know more.
With any questions, please reach out to email@example.com or to your program leadership.
Thank you and best wishes,
Your friends at Dwight Hall
Wednesday, March 11, 2020