Managing Your Member Group
In order to effectively manage your Dwight Hall Member Group, it is essential to:
- Comply with all member group requirements
- Utilize all necessary member group resources
- Externally register your group with the appropriate Yale departments
For more details on membership benefits and requirements, please visit our Member Group Cheat Sheet.
1. Member Group Requirements
- Record - Form to be completed at the beginning of the semester describing group goals, actions, and leadership
- Network Coordinator Check-Ins - Semesterly, in-person check-ins with your Membership Coordinator
- Cabinet Meeting - Semesterly cabinet meetings to be attended
- Review - Form to be completed at the end of the semester reflecting on successes and failures of that semester, as well as goals moving forward
- Code of Conduct and Agreement for Youth Serving Programs - To be completed by all groups working with children, in addition to the YPCY guidelines above
2. Member Group Resources
- Funding - Apply for up to $1,500 per semester through the Campus and Community Fund or contact the Financial Coordinator with questions. Students may also apply to Dwight Hall’s Emergency Advocacy Fund for urgent needs.
- Rooms - Rooms of all sizes are available in DH for meetings and events. Availability calendar and reservation form here
- Equipment - Microphones, projectors, screens, and tables may be available for events. Policies and reservation form here
- Copier - Available in the DH Main Office for up to 3,000 B&W and 300 color copies per year
- Mailbox - Can be set up in our Main Lobby for member groups
- Email Address - Can be set up as a email@example.com by emailing the Program Manager
- Publicity - Contact the Public Relations Coordinator for assistance or to publicize in our newsletter. You can also share your group’s events via our Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!
- Recruitment - Table at the DH Bazaar every semester and make sure your group’s description on our programs page is up-to-date. Refer to this document for suggested recruitment strategies.
3. External Group Registration
- Yale College Dean’s Office (YCDO) - Groups must follow the registration procedures each semester to remain in good standing with both Dwight Hall and YCDO.
- Yale Committee on Programs for Children and Youth (YPCY) - DH requires all programs working with children to follow YPCY guidelines, which include reviewing policies, attending trainings, and completing forms