Location: New York, NY
About Matriculate: Matriculate’s mission is to support high-achieving, low and moderate-income high school students to make the leap to best-fit colleges. Our vision is that one day all the best students in America will have access to and be supported in the best colleges for them—regardless of their socio-economic status or background—which will give them a unique opportunity to change the trajectory of their own lives and the lives of their families.
Matriculate leverages peer-to-peer relationships and networks to empower high-achieving, low-income high school students to enroll in top colleges and universities. We train talented college students at leading institutions to provide the information, guidance, and support that these high school students need to apply to, gain admission at, and excel in college. College is an inflection point for low-income high-achievers, and Matriculate allows this overlooked segment of our country’s top talent to realize its potential and address income inequality from the bottom up.
Matriculate is a founding partner of Bloomberg Philanthropies’ college access and success initiative called CollegePoint, which aims to help as many as 65,000 students to apply to, enroll in, and graduate from high graduation rate colleges and universities.
Position Overview: Matriculate seeks a driven candidate to serve as Recruitment Associate. The Associate will support college student Advising Fellow (AF) recruitment, selection, and certification across Matriculate’s Fellowships.
This position requires a drive and passion for our mission, paired with experience in recruitment, program development, and setting and achieving aggressive goals. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills, focus on quality and equity, flexibility, and commitment to continuous improvement.
The Recruitment and Training Associate reports to the Senior Manager of Recruitment while working closely with the rest of the Matriculate team. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Advising Fellow (AF) Recruitment and Selection: Support Matriculate’s recruitment and selection of a diverse and inclusive group of Advising Fellows who are qualified and committed to serve the needs of our High School Fellows.
- Serve as a recruitment lead to a portfolio of Fellowships, including: Oversee progress toward recruitment goals, manage execution and quality of recruitment plans, and coach student leaders in both achieving recruitment goals and developing leadership and management skills
- Execute recruitment plans in partnership with staff and HAFs, including: Provide on-the-ground support as needed and identify opportunities for improvement, including new recruitment strategies through data analysis
- Support overall data management and integrity, including: Troubleshooting candidate issues and tracking and reporting recruitment progress
- Support student-facing communications and outreach, including: Developing messaging, designing templates, and managing responses
- Leverage data to improve recruitment and selection, including: Monitoring progress against goals and identifying recruitment trends and outcomes, building surveys and reports for ongoing learning, and maintaining central data systems
- Create, package, and distribute recruitment materials and resources to on-campus leaders
Advising Fellow Leadership Recruitment and Selection: Support Matriculate’s recruitment and selection of a diverse and inclusive group of Advising Fellow Leaders who are qualified and committed to execute recruitment of AFs and develop strong advising communities.
- Support recruitment of student leadership positions, including: Head Advising Fellows, Advising Fellow Leadership Team, and National Advising Fellow Leadership Team, in collaboration with the Manager of Leadership Recruitment
- Support Matriculate launch at new Fellowships, including: Strategize recruitment plans to secure leaders, research on campus life and culture, and provide on-the-ground and virtual recruitment support
- Support diverse and inclusive leadership development strategies, including: Collaborate on application and interview materials, build pathways for under-represented students, and develop outreach to broader campus communities
Advising Fellow and AF Leadership Certification: Support Matriculate’s AF and AF Leadership certification process to ensure long term quality and retention of Fellows beyond recruitment.
- Monitor the certification process to ensure quality and preparedness of AFs with support from student leadership team members
- Ensure Advising Fellow certification process runs smoothly, including troubleshooting and adjusting approach as necessary to ensure goals are met
- Support training and resource content creation and delivery to prepare student leaders for recruitment responsibilities and ongoing development, including: Logistics for training events, develop presentations, present and facilitate content, and conduct scenario based evaluation
Commitment to Excellence
- Collaborate across the Matriculate program to ensure maximum consistencies and efficiencies
- Identify and troubleshoot challenges as they arise
- Contribute to Matriculate’s culture of continuous improvement
Candidate qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
- A deep commitment to Matriculate’s mission
- A bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience, which may include undergraduate or Advising Fellow experience, in recruitment, ideally focused on education or youth development
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to a range of audiences
- Detail-oriented and organized
- The ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people by creating opportunity for input, dialogue and problem solving
- Unwavering commitment to excellence
- Excellent judgment and impeccable integrity
- A track record of motivating others to meet goals
- High degree of personal initiative in problem solving and a commitment to constantly learning, growing, and reflecting on their work
- Comfort with, and experience in, navigating new systems and databases, including compiling and interpreting data
- Willingness to travel domestically in urban and rural areas, potentially up to 15%
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
Compensation: Salary range of $58,500-$62,000, commensurate with experience. In addition,
Matriculate offers a comprehensive benefits package. Matriculate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that hiring decisions often disproportionately exclude the most marginalized people in our society — including black folks, people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We know that candidates who identify with these communities must be centered in the work we do and we are committed to supporting your success as a part of our team and beyond in your professional career. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities to apply.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and a non-fiction writing sample to email@example.com. We review applications on a rolling basis.