The Association to Benefit Children’s (ABC) Study Buddies Connect program is accepting
applications for a Program Associate. This position is full-time (40 hours per week) starting in
August/September of 2021 with a hybrid remote and on-site (Manhattan) arrangement.
About ABC: Since 1986, ABC has been dedicated to bringing joy and warmth to disadvantaged
children and their families through compassionate, sustainable, comprehensive, and integrated
services, designed to permanently break the cycles of abuse, neglect, sickness, and homelessness.
About SBC: Study Buddies Connect (SBC), a program of ABC, is a free virtual tutoring program
serving students ages 5-18 living in East Harlem and the South Bronx. SBC provides
individualized academic support for students by pairing volunteer mentors with ABC students.
Please visit our website or reach out to our director at email@example.com for more information.
About the Program Associate Position: SBC is hiring a full-time Program Associate to continue
to expand its services. In this time of severe learning loss, especially for low-income Black and
Brown students, SBC is rapidly adapting to the needs and demands of its community. Our
programming is expanding in dynamic ways, and we are seeking a Program Associate who is
passionate, empathetic, and has creative ideas about serving our students and families. The role
combines family advocacy, tutoring, program development, and administrative duties.
Program Associate Duties:
● Interview and screen new tutors; help with their onboarding and training process.
● Tutor students one-on-one, especially during the initial onboarding process.
● Assist in creating math curricula for SBC’s math pods program.
● Serve as a family advocate, referring parents to other ABC resources when necessary.
● Support with administrative work, such as attendance, emails, family and tutor check ins,
newsletters, program development, and more.
● Bachelor’s degree is required.
● Bilingual English-Spanish is highly desired.
● Strong aptitude for working with families and youth.
● High degree of cultural sensitivity.
● Strong understanding of K-8 mathematics and willingness to learn curriculum design.
● Computer proficiency and comfort using technology.
● Passion for ABC’s mission of serving the whole child through community-based
programming and initiatives.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Sara Bobok at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
SBC Program Associate. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO Employer).