Prospective applicants should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bridge Golf Foundation, a sports-based youth development program in Harlem with a significant educational component, is looking for a Program Administrator.
This is a full-time, hands-on, year-round position, reporting to the Executive Director, as part of small, dedicated team of committed individuals. It represents a significant opportunity to make a tangible impact on the lives of underserved young men beginning in early high school, through their college years and beyond, in a dynamic, growing, well-funded nonprofit. The ideal candidate will be someone eager to learn, organized, able to multi-task and to follow instructions, with good written and verbal communications skills.
The program currently has 30 young men grades 9-12 from Harlem high schools who attend 3 hours daily after school (4-7 p.m.). There is also an intensive six-week summer program. (For a fuller description of what we do, please see the attached summary we provide prospective families, as well as this short video: 2021 Summer Program). We expect to increase enrollment to between 40 and 50 young men by the end of the 2022/2023 academic year.
The PA will be a recent or imminent college graduate, ideally with some prior experience in youth-focused, community-based work. They will be someone looking to make an impact on the lives of our cohort over a period of years through virtually daily contact with the young men.
The PA will
- Track and manage the attendance and academic engagement of our young men in real time, as well as manage the day-to-day affairs of the Foundation (logistics, nutrition, transportation, master calendar).
- Tutor alongside the rotation of paid tutors we employ, who are primarily undergrads from Columbia, NYU, and other first-tier NYC institutions of higher.
- Generally assist the Executive Director with academic matters.
- Maintain regular contact with our college cohort. We currently have 8 graduates of our program who are completing their freshman and sophomore years of college, and are working as counselors for Bridge Golf during their summer break. In time, there will be 30-40 program graduates in college at any time, with whom we remain actively engaged.
- Manage our website and social media feeds
- Develop and maintain databases that will allow us to monitor and analyze what we do–for example, develop a database of private college scholarships available to our cohort’s demographic.
The PA position will carry a salary commensurate with the applicant’s experience. We will pay what we need to in order to secure the services of the right person. We will provide a stipend on top of salary which will be sufficient on an after-tax basis to cover the purchase of health insurance under Obamacare.
We are looking for someone to start now, or, in the case of a Class of 2022 graduate, immediately after graduation.