NOW HIRING! Student workers for Spring Salvage The Yale Office…
WANi is a nonprofit organization founded in 2020 to foster equality between men and women in the MENA region by offering sustainable development and institutional capacity building to civil society organizations. WANi utilizes local resources to design and drive programs and establish mechanisms to implement solutions.
About the Internship Program:
This program offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to participate in unpaid internships with an intensive educational and experiential learning experience, which provides professional experience and personal growth and development within an international NGO. Interns will have the opportunity to learn how an international organization with a global footprint operates, attend internal meetings and trainings, host virtual events, and organize workshops and fundraisers. This is an educational internship rather than merely a professional one.
Interns will be provided with training, mentorship, and support, and will get to work directly with WANi’s staff and management, as well as be engaged with a global network of volunteers. Interested candidates must demonstrate strong writing and analytical skills and the ability to conduct independent research and work in a team. Initiative, work ethic, technological proficiency, and creativity are highly valued. The Intern will assist with a range of tasks, social media content creation, and blog writing to increase the organization’s visibility. The following responsibilities can be adapted, as appropriate, to fit each intern.
· Assist the Communication and Development Manager with daily tasks
· Administrative tasks such as answering emails, phone calls, and welcoming guests to our office
· Research and write blog posts and research articles for our website.
· Maintain and prepare website materials.
· Research topics that impact our organization.
· Research fundraising options for our programs.
· Create email campaigns, assist in the production of copyrighted materials like brochures, flyers.
· Engage with our volunteers and members.
· Organize remote events and meetings on different research topics.
· BA Degree or equivalent in a relevant field (i.e., Sociology, Political Science, Social Studies or Law)
· Excellent level of written English and Communication Skills
· Experience in blog writing or professional writing
· Excellent organizational skills
· Critical thinking
· Have a demonstrated keen interest in the field of human rights and diplomacy and have a personal commitment to the ideals of a better and peaceful world
· Be computer literate in standard software application
Internships last a minimum of 12 weeks and interns are required to work 20-35 hours per week.
- English (Preferred), and Arabic or Kurdish.