Managing Your Member Group
In order to effectively manage your Dwight Hall Member Group, it is essential to:
- Comply with all member group requirements
- Utilize all necessary member group resources
For more details on membership benefits and requirements, please visit our Member Group Cheat Sheet.
1. Member Group Requirements
- Record – A form to be completed at the beginning of each semester describing group goals, actions, and leadership of the member group.
- Network Coordinator Check-Ins – Semesterly in-person check-ins with your Membership Coordinator
- Cabinet Meeting – A semesterly cabinet meeting where at least one group member must attend
- Review – A form to be completed at the end of each semester reflecting on successes and failures of that semester as well as goals moving forward
- Yale College Dean’s Office (YCDO) – Groups must follow the registration procedures each semester to remain in good standing with both Dwight Hall and YCDO.
- Yale Committee on Programs for Children and Youth (YPCY) – Groups working with children must follow YPCY guidelines, which include reviewing policies, registering, attending trainings, and completing forms.
- Code of Conduct for Youth Serving Programs – Groups working with children must ensure that each group member submits a Code of Conduct agreement.
- Transition of responsibilities – An official handover of responsibilities and communication about changes between leadership cohorts. This is especially important if your group has a bank account.
2. Member Group Resources
- Funding – Apply for up to $1,500 per semester through the Campus and Community Fund or contact the Financial Coordinator with questions. Students may also apply to Dwight Hall’s Emergency Advocacy Fund for urgent needs.
- Vehicles – Available for member group members that have completed Yale’s Driver Safety Awareness Course. Availability calendar and reservation form
- Bus Passes – 10 ride passes available in the Dwight Hall Main Office
- Rooms – Rooms of all sizes are available in DH for meetings and events. Availability calendar and reservation form
- Equipment – Microphones, projectors, screens, and tables may be available for events. Policies and reservation form
- Printer – Printing and copying are available in the Dwight Hall Main Office during business hours Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm. It will be helpful if students call ahead to inform the Operations Manager (203 432 2420) that they will need to use the copier.
- Mailbox – A mailbox for member groups can be provided in our main lobby
- Email Address – An email such as email@example.com can be requested by emailing the Director of Programming & Evaluation
- Publicity – Contact the Public Relations Coordinator for assistance or to publicize in our newsletter. You can also share your group’s events via our Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!
- Recruitment – Table at the Dwight Hall Bazaar every semester and make sure your group’s description on our programs page is up-to-date. See our recruitment strategies page for more guidance.