For the protection of the minors served and Yale affiliates, Dwight Hall at Yale requires all programs including member groups working with minors to follow the guidelines set out by the Yale Committee on Programs for Children and Youth (YPCY).
This page highlights the most important aspects of the registration process and other requirements.
Registering Your Group
The Program Registration Form is necessary for any “Yale faculty member, staff member, student of volunteer” who in their Yale role has “primary responsibility for organizing a program that will include persons (other than Yale College students) under the age of 18”. A few points of note:
- This form must be submitted 60 days before the program begins.
- Continuing programs must re-register annually.
- Notification of approval or denial of registration will be sent via email.
- Completing the registration will help determine if and how many background checks may be needed.
Prior to registering your group, you must review and a accept YPCY’s Health and Safety Policy.
All organizers and program staff members, including volunteers, must complete:
- Yale’s training on Health and Safety of Children and Youth
- Connecticut Department of Children and Families training on Reporting Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect
To be completed by program members as relevant:
- Dwight Hall Code of Conduct for Youth Serving Programs agreement – required for all members of Dwight Hall programs serving youth
- New Haven Public Schools Volunteer Registration – required for all members of Dwight Hall programs serving youth in a New Haven Public School
- Background Check Request – required for all members of Dwight Hall programs serving youth on Yale’s campus in programs that require background checks
To be completed by guardians of participating minors:
- Release of Liability Template : English | Spanish
- Permission to Use Images and Recordings : English | Spanish
- Program Participant Medical Form: English | Spanish