View the full job posting and apply here.
CO-OP After School (CAS) is a partnership between Dwight Hall at Yale and Cooperative Arts and Humanities High School (CO-OP) in New Haven. CAS offers an array of free and accessible After School activities and resources to CO-OP students and families.
The Program Assistant plays a central role in the success of CO-OP After School programming. The Program Assistant will work alongside the Program Director and Outreach and Engagement Coordinator to plan, and support After School programs and activities throughout the school year. The Program Assistant will provide operational support to CAS’ core programs and play a key leadership and visioning role in the expansion of our LGBTQ+ Resource Center and Student Leadership Lab (a student driven program incubator).
General program support
- Support the day to day functions of after school programming.
- Meal/snack facilitation
- Schedule assistance
- Individual program support
- Assistance with arrival, dismissal, and transitions
LGBTQ+ Resource center/Genders and Sexualities Alliance (GSA) support support
- Assist program instructors and student leaders with visioning and program design for LGBTQ+ resource center.
- Attend field trips and occasional off-site meetings with partner organizations
- Provide administrative support for GSA and other programmatic elements that exist under the Resource Center’s umbrella
Student Leadership Lab Support
- Serve as a thought partner, and resource connector for students who are interested in creating their own student led programs, clubs, or groups.
- Organize learning and workshop experiences for student leaders
- Co-facilitate meetings and programs in partnership with Student Leaders
- Assist student leaders with recruitment and retention strategies
- Consistent availability during traditional programming hours (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 2:30-5pm)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A demonstrated commitment to Social Justice
- An in-depth analysis of race and identity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suites
- Ability and willingness to effectively manage relationships with students, staff, and community partners
- A general understanding of mindfulness and restorative practices
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $24.00 – $25.00 per hour
Expected hours: 20 – 30 per week
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Ability to Commute:
- New Haven, CT 06510 (Preferred)
Work Location: In person