LEAP is a dynamic, innovative organization fulfilling a vital need in…
The Housing Collective (HC) is seeking a Communications Intern to support our work in Connecticut. The intern will have an opportunity to collaborate with an interdisciplinary staff of collective impact practitioners, affordable housing and homelessness experts, public policy experts, and housing advocates, manage digital communications, and coordinate public meetings, events, and outreach in coordination with civic partners and government officials. This is a paid part-time internship, beginning as soon as possible.
Interns will have the ability to work remotely, though there is also the opportunity to work out of HC’s main office in Bridgeport, CT. We are looking for individuals who share our passion for fostering equitable access to affordable housing. Applicants will ideally have familiarity with Connecticut and with homelessness, housing and neighborhood planning issues.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until positions are filled.
- Maintaining and updating the Housing Collective (HC) websites
- Managing and expanding HC’s social media presence
- Managing HC’s email marketing, including producing monthly newsletters for HC initiatives
- Tracking and publicizing local public meetings about housing and zoning
- Organizing events and outreach in partnership with government officials and collective impact partners
- Supporting coalition-building initiatives
- Assisting with the development of reports and presentations as necessary
- Recent graduate or current student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in a relevant field, such as communications, marketing, public policy, urban planning, geography, or political science
- Experience in digital communications including social media, web production, email marketing is required
- Canva or other basic design skills are preferred
- Experience with public outreach and engagement is preferred
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Interest in public policy and civics
Please submit a brief cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are also encouraged to attach samples of their best relevant work.